Homemade Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls
Imagine making these yummy rolls without the need for plastic wrap to wait for the dough to rise or tin foil for the baking process. I love a good cinnamon bun with EXTRA cream cheese glaze; but the bonus is the sustainability factor in making these in a silicone tray. Hope you enjoy this simplified recipe and let me know your thoughts!
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 cup milk warmed to 110°F
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 2 large eggs room temperature slightly beaten
- 4 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon Milk
1: Warm the milk. Warm the milk for about 45 seconds in a microwave. Then, pour in the yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes for yeast to activate.
2: Mixing butter into dry ingredients. Cut butter into small bits and mix the butter into the flour, sugar, salt mixture in a mixer until combined.
3: Knead the dough. Attach the dough hook and mix until a dough forms, kneading the dough for 5 minutes. You can more flour to form the dough better.
4: Rise for 1 hour. Cover the dough with a towel and place in a warm oven. Let the dough rise for 1 hour. It will double in size.
5: Roll the dough. Roll the dough until ¼ inch thick. Spread the filling on top of the dough to the edges. Then, roll the dough like a log.
6: Cut the rolls. Use a serrated knife or floss to gently cut through the dough and place inside the RUUM tray.
7: Rise for 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover cinnamon buns with RUUM lid and let the rolls rise at room temperature before baking.
8: Bake the rolls. Remove RUUM lid and bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes until golden on top. You don't want to under bake these rolls.
9: Top with a glaze. Next, put the glaze on the rolls while they are warm to melt the glaze.
STORING AND FREEZING
Store these cinnamon rolls in the RUUM tray with the air-sealed lid in the fridge. Store up to 5 days. They are best served when heated in the microwave until warm.
These cinnamon rolls can be frozen in 2 ways in our RUUM trays.
- Freeze the rolled rolls. Freeze these up to 30 days. Let them thaw for 1 hour before baking inside the RUUM trays.
- Freeze the already baked rolls. Freeze these up to 30 days. Thaw for 1 hour before eating.